* "Mad Men" star, Jon Hamm, plays himself on PBS Kids cartoon about a talking dog, "Martha Speaks" today. RE: SIGN FROM GOD I'M GETTING A GREENLIGHT
* PLOT: Animated Jon Hamm on "Martha Speaks" confesses his dreams, to talking dog, Martha, if he didn't "make it" as an actor, while driving a car.
* Animated Jon Hamm on "Martha Speaks" today; PBS Producer literally saved Jon Hamm's ass in dark, early days of his acting career. #priceless #favor
*Writer, PBS Animated show "Martha Speaks": "How do we write in "Mad Men" icon Don Draper into our show about a talking dog? Answer: "He'll drive a car! With the dog in the front seat! And they'll TALK!"
* Jon Hamm, Guest Star of PBS Kids Animated show "Martha Speaks(i.e. a show about a talking dog; a female dog; her name is Martha): "Not gonna have kids, like, EVER, but if I did, MAN!"
* Jon Hamm, Guest, excuse me, "Special" Guest Star of PBS's "Martha Speaks": "I'm not picking up any dog shit. It's in my contract, Manny." Manny, Agent to the actor Jon Hamm, now a "Special" Guest Star on the PBS Kids show "Martha Speaks": "Jon, the dog - it's animated."
* Jon Hamm, negotiating his role for "Martha Speaks": "Want me to smoke?" Manny: "No" Jon Hamm: "Screw?" Manny: "No" Jon Hamm: "Sing?" Manny: "No" Jon Hamm: "Sodomize?" Manny, Agent to the actor of both "Mad Men" and PBS Kids "Martha Speaks," now red in the face: "NO, JON,THIS ISN'T MAD MEN!!!"
* Jon Hamm, cont: "Can I still drive a vintage Thunderbird?" Manny, Agent to the actor Jon Hamm: "Animated vintage Thunderbird with a talking dog, Martha, in the front seat with you, YES."
* Producer, PBS Kids Show, "Martha Speaks" :"No, Jon, Tina Fey WILL NOT be joining you on the show. I didn't rescue her at six o'clock in the morning in a house full of old dudes in Palm Springs in a Chartreuse stained shirt in '95."
* Jon Hamm, "Special" Guest Star, "Martha Speaks": "Since I'm locked in a sound booth all day, does this mean I get to pee inside Coke bottles like Leonardo DiCaprio?" Producer: "He was playing Howard Hughes" Jon Hamm: "Howard Whose?" Producer: "HUGHES!" Jon Hamm: "Never heard of the guy."
* Jon Hamm, "Special" Guest Star, PBS Kids Animated show, "Martha Speaks": "Can I at least pick some cool glasses or mustaches like I do for my Wii Avatars at home? On that same note, does my foray into cartoons mean I can finally meet Shaggy and Scooby? Since we are relying solely on my voice here, do I still sound cool and sexy? Or can you tell I'm really just a big dork with a comb over?"
A Pool Hustler's Daughter grows up in subterranean America. She dreams big, hustles daily and loves her Daddy. With empathy, fascination and grace she navigates and inhabits every tier of society; sees beauty and hope and magic in all things; respects and lives by the "mitzvah."
A Pool Hustler's Daughter calculates the trifecta payout at the racetrack, hides money on three parts of her body, has an arsenal of "Uncles," and keeps a baseball bat by the front door. She values friendship, loyalty and experiences over "things." Like her father, she seeks to learn "The secrets of the universe" and believes "Life ain't on the square." She applauds the self-made and those who learn to "overcome" their circumstances. Her door is always open for a sofa to sleep on, a hot meal, or an eager listener for a life story.